Boo's first blog
I've been considering this for awhile now... I suppose there's no time like the present to get started. When you live as far from your family as I do, I think you just have to put today's technology to work for you, especially when it has to do with the first grandchild. My hope is that by creating this Boo Blog intercontinental communication will not only be facilitated, but that I can also spare the members of my family from full email inboxes of minute reports on fetal gestation and comments on France's health system.
I should start off with the fact that I felt him move for the first time last night. All of my pregnancy books have said that I'm still a few weeks away from that magic moment but in the middle of page 283 of Vanity Fair, I felt a distinct little squirm. I sat there with one hand on my tummy and the other to mark my page and held my breath. Sure enough, confirmation came two seconds later. It had to be his head or his backside because it was a constant pressure (not a kicking foot, thank goodness) and about the size of a small walnut. Of course, once I knew what I was experiencing for certain, my first reaction was to scream for my husband. About 10 times. He was watching a film in the other room and had the volume up much to high for my voice to compete with without the neighbors wondering if they should call the police. So I lost my temper, as a pregnant woman is want to do, and ran into the other room and yelled at him to come feel his child move. Of course, all that yelling and running around probably frightened Boo who promptly refused to move for his dad. Ever the pragmatic, Thomas said that the baby will soon be moving so much that all I'll ever want is to have a little peace and quiet and that I shouldn't put so much pressure on Boo to succeed at such a young age.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home