TV nation
It's so strange to watch TV here (it's strange for me to watch TV period but let me continue) because there is no end to all the comericals. There are so many that I actually forgot what I was watching this afternoon. They either want to sell you a new car, help you decrease your debt, or get you to try the latest feel-good drug on the market. Even the evening news feels like one long series of ads interrupted by "news": panic-inducing segments on the safety of plastic diapers or the threat of avian flu. Everyone has their own talk show, it's not just Oprah anymore, and they all want to have Mary Jo Buttafucco on or tell you what jeans you shouldn't wear or how to keep your man happy. And why is it, with the 500 channels we have here at the house, I can't find PBS?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home