Saturday, April 15, 2006

A day with Papa

This Saturday is Thomas' day with Mia -- he's de garde for most of the afternoon. He was supposed to be in charge this morning too, because that's when I wanted to run my errands downtown, but Mia made him a little nervous with her impression of the Exorcist baby. She has never spit up after a bottle in all her 3 weeks of life, but for some reason this morning when Papa so sweetly offered to let me sleep a little longer and take care of the 7am feeding, there was a volcanic explosion of formula from our little girl's mouth. He had unsuccessfully tried to get her to faire un rot and decided to put her down in her cradle. Luckily he was not far when the projectile vomiting occurred and was able to immediately pick her up and make sure she was okay. Then, still not wanting to wake me up, he began the task of changing everything that was covered in milk. He did pretty well on his own but when he saw that even the mattress cover was soaked, he called me in.

So we took care of everything and I stayed with Mia while Thomas calmed his nerves by arranging the bottles in the cellar. I did my errands this afternoon and Thomas took Mia over to his brother's house to watch a soccer match... I'm going through withdrawal so even if they're supposed to be back in an hour, I may just head over there too.

*de garde on call; faire un rot burp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home