Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bonne annee, bonne sante

Happy New Year! I hope you all were able to ring it in without having to resort to using any pain medication this morning. We're sleep-deprived but will survive this first day of 2006. I'll post our menu from last night's feast, prepared for us by Joanna and Jerome, just as soon as I can -- it was fantastique!

Now begins the month-long ritual of wishing everyone you know Bonne annee, bonne sante. For those who live far away that means sending the obligatory greeting card. Tradition states that you not only have to say it to everyone you see throughout the month but you also have to faire la bise with those you meet in person. This goes for all of your friends and family members as well as the dry cleaner and the green grocer. Imagine kissing your mailman and wishing him a Happy New Year...

*Bonne annee, bonne sante Happy New Year, good health; faire la bise do kisses (as in a greeting)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home