We took our Baby to Tea
Carlyn asked me to write a little note for the blog. Here we go!
Today is the one month "anniversaire" of Mia's birth. In celebration of the most important event occurring in the Acquataine since Eleanor and Henry in 1066 A.D., we went to tea.
It was another lovely day of wandering around with our little Princess in her " poussette rouge". I have finally gotten over my nervousness at navagating her Higness in her bugaboo stroller.
I have even been so bold as to stop the sidewalk argument of two business men who were not attentive to our little caravan. A stern "Pardon Messieurs"cleared the "trottoir"(sidewalk) and we kept rolling along. We have a wonderful time allowing the rest of the population to admire our little Mia. She is quite a beauty, just like her mother!
Durning these little adventures, I have been very impressed with the friendliness and polite smiles we get as we stroll along the quai or the avenues in the "centre ville". Bordeaux is a beautiful medieval city with architectural wonders along every foot ( Oops! meter) of the sidewalk. People, in general, are very patient with me as I try to speak French. Most will listen to me thoughtfully and then respond in English!
I have been most impressed with the incredible beauty of daily life here. Flowers and art are in abundance. Beautiful food and wine are the basics of life. Almost everywhere you look there is something beautiful to rest you eyes upon. There is a gracefullness and elegance to the people and their surroundings. No wonder the French have invented the expression "Savoir faire".
I will always treasure this week with Carlyn, Thomas, and Mia. A friend once told me that children are given for us to grow in Love and Responsibility as we journey through life but grandchildren are given for Pure Joy! This little lady has given me a great deal of that already!
Bon Anniversaire, Mia!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home