And Mommy meets Nounou
I forgot to post that yesterday Mia and I took a trip out to Margaux to meet Delphine, the Nounou. I had to go out to sign the new contract that her Nanny association just ratified and it was a good opportunity to meet the woman who takes care of Mia one day a week.
We spent about 2 hours going over the contract (yes, it is that long, this is France) and talking about Mia. Nounou is as sweet as she seemed on the phone and she has tons of toys for the girls. I was also, selfishly, reassured to know that Mia hasn't just immediately accepted this stand-in Mommy. Thomas, who is light on details when it comes to things like this, never said she cried or whimpered so I had just assumed that Mia was perfectly happy. Of course I was happy to think that she could transition that easily and that she's not sauvage, but I couldn't help feeling a little bit hurt. But then Nounou told me the truth: she could hardly set Mia down. As long as she keept Mia in her arms, she was all smiles, but as soon as she set her on the floor to play, she started crying. So I spent about 15 minutes reassuring her and playing with her before we sat down at the table to look over the contract. Even then Mia would look up and call me every few minutes to make sure I was still there. By the end of the morning she was playing on her own so I'm sure next week she'll feel more secure. And I'm relieved to know that she still needs me.
We also finally stopped by the Chateau to introduce Mia to the office. They all seemed charmed and she was aux anges to find herself the center of attention. She's such a star!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home