Sunday, December 03, 2006

Baby's first Thanksgiving and gastro-intestinal flu

It's been an exciting, fast-paced week here in Bordeaux. My mom arrived on Tuesday (and promptly held Mia in her arms for two hours until I told her the baby had to go to bed) and began her babysitting duties on Wednesday. I was at a trade fair for work on Wednesday and Thursday when the message arrived: Grandma and Mia were both stricken with the much feared gastro. Friday morning she actually threw up on me three times in about 5 minutes. Talk about baptisms... Anyway, I spent all day playing nurse to the two of them: running to the pharmacy, calling the pediatre, seeing our generalist and doing load after load of laundry. I really had no idea such a tiny girl could make such a big mess!

Of course, we had also planned to celebrate Thanksgiving with 12 of our closest friends on Saturday. After much hesitation we decided to tempt fate and had a wonderful evening with our 7 bravest friends and their 3 kids. It was well worth it because Thomas now thinks it could have been our last decent meal for the next few days; His tummy is rumbling too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home