An exhausting weekend
Actually it was a quiet weekend but I'm just exhausted from, I think, 2006. I actually took a longer nap than Mia this afternoon.
The good news: Mia has 4 teeth now; the two front teeth on the top and bottom. She enjoys trying to test them out on our fingers and has discovered the joy of crunchy cookies. The bad news: her top two are what they call in France, les dents du bonheur, which means we'll spend a fortune on braces. This doesn't seem to bother the Duroux family (as if she didn't resemble her father enough, she also has his teeth) but I'm afraid to think my daughter's trick at school will be to whistle through her front teeth.
In other more important news: the social movement Don Quixote’s Children has installed its tents here in one of the chic neighborhoods in downtown Bordeaux. The NYTimes had an interesting article about their movement. Politicans have now reacted (it's an election year in France) by proposing a law that would make it possible for citizens to sue the the Federal government if they are unable to find decent and reasonable priced housing, as in Scotland. So you see, France is much like the USA in the sense that her politicans think only of election day promises and not what is in the best interest for the nation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home