Friday, May 04, 2007

Silence SVP

Only two hours and 40 minutes left of the "official" presidential campaign. On Sunday France will finally choose and put an end to the daily polls that show Sarkozy ahead of Royal. Thomas is without hope and, I fear, headed for a long period of deep depression depending on the outcome.

The good news is: It's already the weekend! In April and May we have so many long weekends that it seems that hardly anyone actually gets any work done. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday down in the Pays Basque. It's supposed to rain and be incredibally cold so I'm glad I have an adorable summer dress from jcrew to wear. Mia gets to have her first sleep-over at her friend Lola's house but we'll be back for her on Sunday in time to vote and watch the election results with her parents. Who are, of course, voting for Sarkozy....but we like them anyway.

Italy was great - I'm glad to report that we will not be moving back any time soon but that, thanks to Myair, there are now low-cost flights between Bordeaux and Bologna so we can visit all of our friends any time we want. With Mia next time so she can taste gelato.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. The basic membership requirement is having a conservative run your country. How are you and Thomas?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home