Speedbumps at 16 weeks
Well so that’s it. I’ve done the first series of tests and everything has come back negative. The baby is fine, but I’ve seen better days. I can deal with contractions during labor but I don’t want to have them for the last 5 months of my pregnancy. We’ve past the 48 hour mark so I suppose I should just thank my guardian angles that the pain isn’t as strong as it was on Sunday night when we called the SAMU wondering if we should head to the hospital or not. (The doctor we spoke to said no, but the next morning I got a stern lecture from my gynecologist about never hesitating when it comes to contractions. At least now I know.)
So the entire Duroux family is freaking out over this. I feel like I need to write this down so that when I tell my side of the family I can stay lucid. Pascal was kind enough to drive me to the hospital this morning for further tests and he told me that every woman in the family had lost a child in the first trimester. I know that his intentions were noble, but it sort of came at a bad moment. I will do anything to avoid belonging to that club. If I have five months of bed rest and I can’t go home for Thanksgiving, well that’s fine. I just want Boo to be okay. Which he will be. I've heard that a lot of women have contractions all throughout the pregancy, but this is still a little too early. Were in the clear as there is no bleeding and my cervix stays nice and closed.
The sonogram this morning (number 4) proved that he’s doing great and is moving as much as ever. That’s the most important thing and that helps me keep it together when I can feel yet another contraction coming on. Speak of the devil… back to the couch I suppose.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home