Monday, January 02, 2006

First merde of 2006

As some of you already know, we're having the first floor of our home converted from a large mass of storage space to an office, guest room and wine cellar. We're still waiting to hear back from the architect but if all goes well the workmen should begin around the end of January. I'm realistic and have begun to accept that my hope of having the entire house ready for Boo's arrival is quickly becoming a fairytale. Thomas is still optimistic and assures me that the baby will not be sleeping in the laundry room for the first 3 months of his/her life.

At any rate, my job in all of this is to clear out the empty space, i.e. all of the junk that we've filled it up with. I placed an ad for the oven, sold it fairly quickly, and then the merde happened. Thomas and the other husband were dutifully getting ready to load it into the buyer's car when the oven door fell against the concrete floor and shattered into a million pieces. So we cancelled the sale and now the repairmen tell me that what I'll spend to replace it is almost more than what I can sell it for. So now not only can I not sell it, but I have to find a way to get it to a dechetterie or find an association willing to take it as a donation.

MERDE!!

*merde shit (or f**k, depending on your tone of voice);dechetterie dump

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home