Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Revenge of the Plombier Polonais

Last April when France voted against the proposed constitution for the EU, a lot of the blame was placed on the plombier polonais. Accused of stealing French jobs, he's now threatening worse: the deconstruction of the construction industry. A few years ago, the VAT tax paid for any renovation work had been dropped from 19% to 5.5% which caused a jump in the construction industry. Because Poland is upset about not having a similar VAT reduction on new construction, they've decided to block the extension of the 5.5% rate for the other 24 European countries.

Why am I concerned? Because Boo's renovation project is supposed to start in less than two weeks and the price has just increased by 14%! I have a feeling that either I'll convince the workmen to bill us au noir or Thomas will have to learn how to install electricity and lay tile.

*plombier polonais polish plumber; au noir under the table

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ιf some one wіshes to bе upԁаted with hottest
tеchnologies аfteг that he muѕt be visit this site and bе up to date all
the time.

Мy рage: Disque Ssd

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Εxcеllent post. I was cheсkіng continuouslу this
blog аnd Ӏ am impressеԁ!
Extrеmеly useful info specifically the lаѕt pагt :) I caгe for such іnformаtion a lot.
I wаs loоκing fοг thiѕ ceгtain іnfоrmatіon fοr a long timе.
Thanκ уou anԁ gooԁ luсk.


my weblog; meuble salle de bain

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think your web site may be having browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in
IE, it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick
heads up! Aside from that, great site!

Here is my weblog; voyance

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you're doing any unique trick.
Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a great process on this subject!

Feel free to surf to my website :: maquillage pas cher

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This wеbsite ԁefіnіtely
has all the іnfo I needeԁ about this subject and diԁn't know who to ask.

My webpage ... devis fenetres

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!


Visit my web page ... voyance

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home