Friday, February 03, 2006

Why I love being a piétonne

If I had a car, I would miss out on so many things. For example, today on the tram I saw one of the cutest kid-parades ever. (That's when I call a group of schoolchildren walking in two straight lines with adult supervision to a museum, the park or just to gym class.) This was a group of about 15 kids, all about 5 or 6, accompanied by their maîtresse and two assistantes maternelles, that got on just after I did. All of them were busily chattering away and trying to find seats with their friends while not getting too far away from the adult supervision. One little girl sat down next to me and asked, "Are you having a baby or are you just grosse like my aunt?" with all the charm of an innocent 6 year-old. I told her that I was having a Boo and quickly found myself surrounded by 4 of her friends all talking about their little siblings and asking me all sorts of questions. It didn't last too long, however, because we were on a particularly squeaky tram that sent the whole group of them into a fit of giggles anytime we took a turn. On a grey day like today, a kid-parade like that kept me smiling all afternoon.

*piétonne pedestrian, maîtresse teacher; assistantes maternelles teacher's aides; grosse fat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home