Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting back into the routine

I suppose it's easier to accept that vacation is over with this weather. The sun did come out this afternoon enough for us to go to the store to buy shelves. (Oh oui, for those of you who think my life here is so exotic, I still get to do fun things like errands to Leroy Merlin.) We stopped at the JP on the way home so Mia could run. No surprise here: she collected "gocks" but did scream with glee when she saw the merry-go-round and the swings. She even went down the slide all on her own!

We also stopped by the bakery for some fresh bread tonight. He's a baker who understands his clients, or maybe the fact that he has twins at home has helped him keep the creative juices flowing. On the table just in front of you - at eye level for a kid in a stroller - are two baskets full of tiny, fresh baguettes. Any kid going into a bakery knows they will get the crusty savoury end bits for a snack. So Gascgon has cut out the middle man. When I saw the baskets my first reaction was, "How perfect! Now I don't have to break the loaf." But when I saw the other 6 kids in the store each with a mini baguette in hand, I understood his genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home