And...we're back!
It's so good to be home and know that I don't have to pack another suitcase in the near future. Or the distant future either.
We had a great two weeks in the mountains with out friends Joanna, Jerome and their daughter Anouk. We did a lot of hiking, sleeping, swimming, and cooking. The adults had a great time but Anouk (who is 4) was getting tired of having Mia follow her every move. I have lots of pictures that I'll post here shortly.
Bordeaux is rainy and cold so it really seems like la rentree and the end of vacation. Nano and Bomp are still out at the Marina house and are babysitting two of the cousins so we took Mia out to see them today. It was so cold that we had to eat lunch indoors and the girls all played outside wrapped up in sweaters. The post-nap game was Mia's idea: collecting rocks, "gocks", in buckets and then putting them into the wheelbarrow to dump them in the garden.
Thomas just came upstairs from Mia's room and called his adorable daughter a salope. She had been in bed for about 10 minutes and started calling for me so he went in to see what she wanted. When he picked her up she asked for me again so he said that I was "night-night" and coudn't come. She actually pushed him away and tried to wiggle out of his arms saying, "all done, all done". We haven't heard anything from her since...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home