Saturday, February 11, 2006

Random thoughts

I had to take my wedding and engagement rings off. My hands are a bit swollen and it was either that or risk having them cut off at a later date. I suppose it's just as well because the clinic doesn't allow jewelry in the delivery room. Still, it was a heart-breaking experience and I can't stop thinking that my left hand looks like it's missing something.

I've also noticed some unconscious modifications of my behavior. I only wear shoes that don't have laces because, let's face it, I can't reach my feet without crushing Boo, having a contraction, and getting all out of breath. Look at the previous post regarding my yoga pants and you can imagine how sexy Thomas must find me these days. I now have small 90 year-old women walking faster than me on Cours Portal when I do my shopping. I bet they'd pass me on our stairs too because I sure don't run up-and-down like I once did. Picking things up off the floor just doesn't happen as often as it used to and, on those rare occasions when it does happen, it involves grunting and precarious postures. And last but not least, my belly button is rapidly disappearing and Thomas checks its effacement every night. (I secretly believe he thinks my water will break at the precise moment that my belly button turns inside out but he won't admit to that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home