Monday, March 13, 2006

Extra outings and extra calories

I think I'll be relieved when Boo arrives because, no matter how nice it is to see friends and family, I'm starting to feel something of a social-butterfly overload; Dinner on Friday with friends, lunch on Saturday with Thomas' parents and grandmother, dinner on Saturday with more friends, followed by a traditional poulet roti and rugby with David and Elodie on Sunday. We skipped dinner last night (it was miraculously just the two of us) and today at lunch all I could imagine eating was a green salad.

It's completely illogically. Why does everyone suddenly feel they need to see us (translation= eat with us) simply because a baby is about to arrive? Don't they realize that this basketball makes sitting at a table really uncomfortable? I have to sit really far away from the edge in order to not hit my tummy and end up spilling half of my dinner down the front of my shirt. And despite my super low-cut maternity pants, I can feel poor Boo's head getting squished if I don't have enough leg room to straddle the chair. Not to mention the fact that someone has their fanny pushing up against my stomach which makes toast an extremely filling meal.

And Thomas just poked his head in the door to tell me we have another guest to dinner tonight. Whatever... this time I'm eating while horizontal on the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home